We have increasingly adapted to living a supremely demanding lifestyle, with challenges coming toward us, be it in our personal or professional lives. We constantly feel like we are in over our heads, and we see ourselves failing to manage even daily tasks. This feeling is known as feeling overwhelmed. The inability to deliver is not an indication of our intelligence, however it does beg the question, why does this happen? What are the implications of feeling this like?
The mental impact of feeling constantly overwhelmed can slow our mental capacity and have effects, such as difficulty concentrating and thinking logically. It can also result in fatigue over an extended period of time.
Here are few ways you can deal with feeling overwhelmed
- Find the cause of you feeling overwhelmed.
- Set a time limit allotted to certain tasks and aim to complete your workload within that time
- Delegate, if possible
- Focus on one thing at a time, and finish that
- Look at what is in your control and what is not, and remove focus from anything that is not.
- Practice relaxation techniques, such as Meditation and Pranayama
- Talk to someone, whether someone close to you or a professional
Dharana Wellness Centre, a wellness retreat near Mumbai, focuses on holistic health which includes physical, mental and spiritual balance. One of the key ideologies of this eco wellness retreat lies in the holistic approach. As an Ayurvedic healing center in India, Dharana combines the use of an integrative, modern approach for holistic health with Modern diagnostics with traditional practices like Yoga and Ayurveda to ensure a sustainable wellness journey.