We are always too focused to ensure the well-being of our body that we miss out on paying attention to the body parts that contribute largely to our overall health. Eyes; that we use to look at the world around us and witness beautiful things. But very little attention and care are given to look after our vision.
Eye health is as important as any other body part and requires equal amounts of care. Maintaining a good vision helps your eyes perform better- at home, in front of the screens, behind the wheel, etc.
Dharana at Shillim understands the importance of optimal eye health and offers a wellness program; Panchakarma. Panchakarma is considered the purest form of detoxification, hence counted as a delightful Ayurvedic detox. Nasya, one of the procedures followed from the Panchakarma treatment involves massaging around the neck, head and shoulders with warm oil through the nasal passages. This ancient treatment helps hugely in dealing with stress, improving eyesight, sinusitis, insomnia, migraine, memory loss as the inhalation of the herbal oil cuts out the excess fluid in the nose, throat and head. Not only does this treatment help in regulating the breathing patterns but also contributes highly to improving eye light.
Here are a few tips to maintain good eyesight and keep your eyes healthy, especially after the age of 40.
- Eat vision-boosting foods- Your diet should consist of healthy fruits and vegetables that contribute to boosting your eye performance. Include foods dense in nutrients like Vitamin C, Omega fatty acids, Zinc, etc. Fill up your plate with leafy veggies, salmon, tuna, nuts, eggs, citrus fruits
- Avoid smoking- Smoking makes it more likely to get age-related eye problems like cataracts, macular degeneration and cause damage to the optic nerve
- Keep your weight in check- Being overweight or obese increases the chances of developing health conditions like diabetes or other disorders that which increases the risk of getting diabetic retinopathy or glaucoma that may eventually lead to vision loss
- Wear protective eyewear- Wearing the right shade of sunglasses when you are out can protect your eyes from UV emitted by the harsh sunlight. In the same way, use appropriate eye protection while playing sports. Use goggles or safety glasses while working with hazardous materials at home or a factory
- Rest your eyes- If you are someone who is glued to the computer and mobile screens throughout the day, ensure to blink often. For every hour you spend staring at the screen, look away from the screen and stare as far as your eyesight can reach to reduce eye strain
- Regular eye examinations- A regular visit to Ophthalmologists is necessary to ensure your eye health is great
To ensure that your eyes function properly as long as you live, do not take your eyes for granted. Practice these easy ways and keep an eye on your eye health!
Book an appointment with our experts at Dharana at Shillim to increase your vitality in life.